Friday 31 July 2009

+++ Swine Flu LiveBlog +++

2341 - Just taken my evening dose. Thank God for Tamiflu.

2204 - Really want this T-shirt and some amber tinted Aviators to wear at the car boot sale on August 16th.




2059 - Just spied this vid of a wedding in the US, at least if I had to put money on it it would be from the states. I'm not sure it's exactly the kind of wedding I'd like.


1835 - So I pretty much spent the whole day on Facebook today, which, let me tell you, is horrendous. I've had to take breaks from in-depth stalking to look at second hand cars. I am now an expert in everyones life and the value to mileage ratio for most cars in the Cambridge area.

1611 - I reckon there might be money in this Swine Flu game. I'm sitting at home craving some sort of activity. When I say activity, I mean crawling somewhere else and just a change of scene. If it gets big enough, why don't they have special Swine Flu screenings at the cinema? After all, deaf people get subtitled versions, and the pandemic should top deaf figures I reckon.

Of course, logistically and hygienically it fails miserably.

1529 - Still watching the cricket, because I have nothing else to do. I'm particularly enjoying the Barmy Army chants:

"Get your shit stars, get your shit stars, get your shit stars off our flaaaaag, get your shit stars off our flag"

Following a rousing rendition of God Save Your Queen


1411 - I'm developing an unfortunate knack of blogging about things that then materialise in the press. I can assure you it is no reflection of skill or connection, merely luck.
So, Jude Law has excelled himself again, fathering a love-child to Samantha Burke; well played Jude. What tickled me into a chortle-cum-coughing attack was the weak PR spin his publicist has strained to put on it: "Samantha Burke is the mother-to-be. She and Jude had a brief relationship that ended amicably. Once the baby is born, Jude wants to visit Pensacola, in Florida, where she lives, each month. He wants to play an active part in his child's upbringing and be supportive of both his little girl and Samantha.

Jude is delighted he's going to be a father again and hopes to play as much of a part in bringing her up as he has with his other children."


1333 - Having stirred to the news of Sir Bobby Robson's death, I've realised the day has already exhaustively reached the snow-capped peaks of desolation. Only the superb form of Jimmy Anderson and Graeme Onions (77 for 7 wickets) has lifted my spirits through these bleak hours; these Aussies are taking a thrashing today.

This is my favourite quote from 'The Ashes' BBC live txt:

"My boyfriend and I saw the Aussies out in Brum last night. Ponting was waiting for Watson to buy a white choc Magnum. Maybe the ice cream before bed was a bad idea."

0300 - Definitely got it. 12 hours ago I was walking down a sunny street in Cambridge swigging a chilled bottle of diet coke and felt pretty good. Between then and now, I have been destroyed physically and emotionally. It's 3am and I'm awake. I can feel myself fighting this thing, as I swoop in and out of dizziness.

I have to praise the NHS scheme in place though; you call up, quick diagnosis over the phone (to be honest, when you've got it you'll know) and then you get your code to collect your Tamiflu. If a friend/family member can get it for you all the better. To prevent further spreading, they just take your ID and theirs, and are handed it there and then. No fuss, no money, nothing.

No comments: