Wednesday 29 July 2009


Look at him, cool as a fucking cucumber.

I've always been an admirer of Jude Law (yes, nearly in a gay way). He's a good looking guy, always looks the part even without showering and wearing a questionable ensemble. I guess he's the proof that good looking people make the clothes look good not the other way around; it certainly works for Kate Moss with her Top Shop ranges, some of the girls trying to recreate her image end up looking like they're on a lunch break from a panto.

Regardless, Jude revived two 1950s traditions into fashion: the receding hairline and infidelity with a nanny. Not exactly competing with the Kate Moss stakes I agree, but making an affair popular is a tough thing to do (its a thin line between Sarkozy and Berlusconi - and look what's happened to both of them recently). It does beg the question, at what point do we stop becoming scornful commentators and become sheep? Why is it that I look at that picture and see a guy I'd like to be rather than someone I don't respect at all?

No comments: