Sunday 28 June 2009

I'm about to embark on a new world - car booting. I've managed, over the last decade, to accumulate the most astonishing amount of crap, and apparently (adapting a well known phrase), one man's crap is another man's treasure. I could put it in a dump or hand it to a charity shop, and I will do that to all the stuff that's left over, but if I can make a few quid in the process then that's great.

What I've heard are basically horror stories; people banging on your windows and peering in the boot before you've even switched your engine off, like monkeys at a safari park. Aggressive haggling. Territory fights. General savagery.

I don't mind submerging myself into the underclass for a few hours on a Sunday morning, as long as it's fruitful. I may even see it as an undercover report like a Donald MacIntyre or Roger Cook and report back here. Wish me luck.

No comments: