Sunday 14 November 2010


It's perfectly acceptable to like Take That. There are some people who will like them in an ironic sense, clinging on to their youth or liking them 'because their girlfriend likes them' and it's a laugh. Not me. I drop dead serious like Take That, especially now, as they're men not boys. I love Gary Barlow and his constant battle with his collapsing metabolism, and Mark Owen's faux-philosophical views that were cemented when his solo career flopped and he took up semi-professional football. I love the way Howard and Jason have evolved from little more than backing singers and the whole band struggled with the dance moves when I saw them on their come-back tour in 2005. Their new songs are superb, if only over-used at award ceremonies as walk on music...but that's because it's good old fashioned popular music that makes people feel good. There's nothing wrong with that.

Bin the excuses, they're awesome.

No comments: