Saturday 26 September 2009


There are some things in London you just can't get anywhere else. Shot is probably one of them, but the pros heavily outweigh the cons when it comes to culture, places to be, places to eat and people to see. It gets a bad press with regard to being a busy, rude and dirty city, but that tends to be from people who go for the day, spend their time on Oxford Street meandering around tourists before crushing themselves on a packed tube to get ripped off in a Leicester Square restaurant. I can fully understand the disappointment, but don't go there.

I've lived here before and just moved down again, there are still somethings that make me stop in awe. Last night I was walking from work to Waterloo (just over Westminster Bridge for dinner on the Southbank). It was dusky and the evening and begun to creep in with an air of bustle. As I turned my head to look back where I'd come from I'd totally failed to notice how majestic Big Ben looks in the evening. "Fuck me that's awesome" I said to myself vowing not to take it for granted in future (although I certainly will, as most people do). When I was making the return trip over the water to Embankment station, I passed a saxophone player on the bridge, playing under the lights of the London Eye and setting an awesome Friday night mood. It reminded me that it's such a great place to not only live but have a life.

I feel pretty lucky to have started back here. It's vibrant and never stale and I love it.

No comments: